Speed Dial 8
Speed Dial 8 allows you to set up to eight frequently dialed or hard-to remember long strings of digits that can be called with the push of a button. Users can then use the single digit instead of full numbers to place calls.
This single-digit code(2-9) is referred to as a speed code. The user can associate a phone number including 911 emergency and 611 for customer service.
There are two methods by which a user can program speed codes, through the Personal web portal or by dialing a feature access code.
Assume we need to program the speed dial code 5 for the phone number 12345678.
- 1.Log into PortSIP PBX Web portal.
- 2.Edit the user profile.
- 3.Click the Speed Dial 8 tab and click the Add button.
- 4.Select the 5 from the code list, and enter the phone number 12345678 and the description in the corresponding boxes.
- 5.Click OK to save the settings.
- 1.From the phone dial *74512345678.
- 2.The PBX will play the voice prompts to tell you whether the operation is a success or not.
To use it from the phone, simply dial a single digit in case is 5, and the PBX will call the number 1234568.
Dialing *7450033125 from your phone will overwrite the previous speed dial settings for code 5 and set the new settings to 0033125.
Dialing *745* will delete the speed dial code 5 settings.