Deploy the PortSIP PBX HA on AWS
Note: all Linux commands mentioned in this documentation, must be performed by the root user.
- Ubuntu 20.04 or CentOS 7.9, 64 bit
- Three AWS EC2 instances (in this documentation, the “EC2 server“ and “node“ are the same thing, both referring to the AWS EC2 instance)
- The EC2 instance minimum requirements: 2 vCPU and 4G memory
- Must enable ‘assign the public IP automatically’ for each node
- Allocate the static private IP for each node
- All EC2 servers must be located within the same Region, VPC, and subnet
- An elastic IP
- Each EC2 server should have a disk mounted to the same path and be the same size
- Choose any one node as the “master node“, unless explicitly specified all operations are performed via the master node
In the PortSIP PBX HA, all nodes will be deployed in the same VPC, subnet, we will need to assign the static private IP of the subnet to the nodes.
Open the AWS VPC menu, you can choose an existing VPC, or click the “Create VPC“ to create a new one. As the below screenshot, the VPC IP range is 172.31.0.0.
Click the “Subnets“ menu to list the subnets, if there are no subnets, please click “Create subnet“ to create a new one. As below screenshot, the “Subnet ID“ is “subnet-b1e7e9c9“, the IP range is 172.31.0.0/20.
In this case, we assign 172.31.5.133 to node 1, 172.31.5.134 to node 2, 172.31.5.135 to node 3.
When creating an EC2 instance, in step 3 “Configure Instance, " choose the subnet you created before, if it’s “subnet-b1e7e9c9“.
The “Auto-assign Public IP“ should choose "Enable".
In the “Network interfaces“ section, enter the IP “172.31.5.133“ for the “Primary IP