Setup SSL Certificates for HTTPS/WebRTC
This guide for solving the below SSL certificates issues with PortSIP PBX.
- After you completed the PBX setting up, if get the self-signed certificates warning in the browser when you access PBX Web Portal by HTTPS or access the WebRTC client, please follow up on the below steps to solve it
- The SSL certificates are expired
Please follow up on the below steps.
- 1.Purchase a Domain from the domain provider for your PBX, for example, Godaddy.
- 2.Add the A record in the Domain DNS zone, resolve the Domain to your PBX IP.
- 4.Sign in the PortSIP PBX Web Portal.
- 5.Click the left menu "Home > Summary", then click the "Setup Wizard", in step 1, enter your domain for the "Web Domain", click the Next button to complete the wizard.
- 6.Click the left menu "Home > Call Manager > Domain and Transport", if there has the TLS, WSS transport added, just delete the TLS and WSS transport.
- 7.Add the WSS and TLS transport with upload the purchased certificate files.
- 8.For Windows installation, restart the Windows Server directly.
- 9.For Linux installation, perform the below commands:
# sudo docker exec -it portsip-pbx /bin/bash
# supervisorctl stop nginx
# supervisorctl stop gateway
# supervisorctl stop callmanager
# supervisorctl start nginx
# supervisorctl start gateway
# supervisorctl start callmanager
If you don't use trusted certificate files for the WSS transport, you will get the browser warning and blocked when you use the WebRTC client.