Before updating the certificates for the PBX and SBC, please make sure that you have completed the setup and configuration of the PBX and SBC according to the following guides.
In this article, we assume that the domain
uc.portsip.ccis resolved to the IP address of the PBX server and that
sbc.portsip.ccis resolved to the IP address of the SBC server.
To update the certificates for the PortSIP PBX, please follow these steps:
- 1.Sign in to the PBX Web Portal as the system administrator.
- 2.Click the Setup Wizard button on the home page.
- 3.Click the Clear button in step 2 of the Setup Wizard.
- 4.Enter your PBX web domain into the Web Domain field. Note that you do not need to include the
www.prefixes, just enter the domain itself. For example,
- 5.Open the
portsip.pemfile by Windows Notepad, copy all of its contents and paste them into the Certificate File field.
- 6.Open the
portsip.keyfile by Windows Notepad, copy all of its contents and paste them into the Private Key File field.
- 7.Click the
Nextbutton to complete the Setup Wizard and save the certificates.
To update the certificates for the PortSIP SBC, please follow these steps:
- 1.Sign in to the SBC Web Portal as the system administrator.
- 2.Select the TLS Certificates menu.
- 3.If there is already a TLS certificate for your SBC domain, please delete it by clicking the delete icon.
- 4.Click the Add button to add a new TLS certificate. If your certificate is a wildcard certificate for the
portsip.ccdomain, you will just need to enter
portsip.ccin the TLS Domain field. If your certificate is not a wildcard and is only for a single domain, such as
sbc.portsip.cc, then you will need to enter
sbc.portsip.ccin the TLS Domain field.
- 5.The This is SBC Web Domain Certificate option should be turned on unless you are sure that this domain is only for SIP TLS transport.
- 6.Open the
portsip.pemfile by Windows Notepad, copy all of its contents and paste them into the Certificate Contents field.
- 7.Open the
portsip.keyfile by Windows Notepad, copy all of its contents and paste them into the Private Contents field.
- 8.Click the OK button to save the certificates. Then, select the Network menu, enter
sbc.portsip.ccin the Web Domain field, and click the OK button to save your changes.
To apply the changes to the certificates, open an SSH connection to the server and execute the following commands for Linux.
/bin/sh sbc_ctl.sh restart
/bin/sh pbx_ctl.sh restart
For Windows, just restart the server directly.
If your browser still displays an icon indicating that the site is not secure, please try opening the web portal in a new browser tab. This should resolve the issue and display the sites correctly.