Configure an SBC for Multiple Tenants
PortSIP SBC supports configuring one Session Border Controller (SBC) to serve multiple tenants for Teams Direct Routing.
Microsoft provided a detailed guide for configuring Microsoft Teams Direct Routing for multiple tenants; please follow Configure a Session Border Controller for multiple tenants to set up the tenant domains in the Microsoft 365 admin center.
According for that guide, the following items summarize the configuration of the base domain and subdomains:
- The Teams Direct Routing Base domain is customers.adatum.biz.
- The tenant domains are sbc1.customers.adatum.biz, sbc2.customers.adatum.biz, and sbc3.customers.adatum.biz.
- a wildcard SSL certificate for the domain *.customers.adatum.biz.
- Resolve the domain customers.adatum.biz to the SBC IP address.
Please follow the guides below to install and configure the PortSIP PBX:
In this case, please enter "customers.adatum.biz" as the PBX web domain in the Setup Wizard of the PBX.
Now, create three tenants and set their respective SIP domains to sbc1.customers.adatum.biz, sbc2.customers.adatum.biz, and sbc3.customers.adatum.biz.
- When adding the TLS certificate, enter "customers.adatum.biz" as the TLS domain and select the option "This is an SBC Web Domain Certificate." Then, copy and paste the wildcard certificate of the domain "*.customers.adatum.biz" to add the TLS certificate.
- From the menu, select Settings > Network and enter "customers.adatum.biz" in the "Web Domain" field.
Please follow the guide Configuring SBC and PBX to create the Teams trunk and inbound and outbound rules for routing calls. Please skip the section "1 Add Teams Base Domain" since we have already completed that step in the previous steps.