15 Shared Voicemail
How to access call group voicemail in some instances, extensions or groups within your company may share a voicemail box. An example would be a voicemail assigned to the main company telephone number, the Virtual Receptionist, the Ring Group, or the Call Queue. There are various ways a shared voicemail box can be used. Here are some examples:
Example A: In this example, there is one companywide voicemail box accessed when a caller calls the main number, reaches the Virtual Receptionist/Auto Attendant, and Presses 5 to leave a message OR if either group (Sales or IT) does not answer.
- In the PortSIP PBX Web Portal, select Call Manager > Advanced Services > Shared Voicemail and click the Add button
- Now enter the below fields:
- Extension Number – This number identifies the shared voicemail from other extensions, also known as the Shared Voicemail Number. Specify a new one as needed. Do not specify an existing extension number
- Display Name – Enter a friendly name for the shared voicemail
- Prompt Language – Select the prompt language
- Pin Number – Set a voicemail box password
- Email – Set an email used to receive the notifications
- Voicemail PIN Authentication - If this option is turned on, the PBX will verify the voicemail box PIN when the user accesses this shared voicemail box
- Send email when receiving a voicemail - Set email notifications to send or not when having a new voice message
For the below scenarios, we can redirect the call to a shared voicemail.
Redirect the unanswered queue call to a shared voicemail.
Redirect the unanswered ring group call to a shared voicemail.
Redirect the unanswered virtual receptionist call to a shared voicemail.
Redirect the call to a shared voicemail.
Redirect the inbound call to a shared voicemail.
From any IP phone or client APP, dial
*56followed by the shared voicemail number. At the greeting, press the key to enter the voicemail PIN.
In the PortSIP PBX Web Portal, select Call Manager > Advanced Services > Shared Voicemail, double click a shared voicemail, select a shared voicemail then click the Edit button, and click the Voicemail page.
In the voicemails list, you can download, play, or delete the voicemails.